PEEL AND STICK APPLICATION SAVES TIME AND LABOR
THE NEED TO CUT SHINGLE TABS
SEAL-STRIP PREVENTS WIND UPLIFT
QUICK ROOF SHINGLE STARTER EDGE is a self-adhesive roofing material that eliminates the need to cut shingle tabs. It saves time and labor, and its adhesive seal-strip prevents wind uplift at the roof edge. SHINGLE STARTER EDGE is waterproof, and is self-sealing around nails.
1. The surface to receive SHINGLE STARTER EDGE must be clean, smooth and dry.
2. Remove old shingles, nails, protrusions and debris before installing SHINGLE STARTER EDGE
1. Prepare surface as stated above.
2. Carefully align SHINGLE STARTER EDGE along the eave of the roof.
3. Make sure that the adhesive seal-strip is located at the bottom of the roll, towards the edge of the eave.
4. Remove the release film and press in place.
5. If installation is done when temperatures are below 40°F, it is necessary to initially nail SHINGLE STARTER EDGE in place. As the temperature warms, the product will adhere to the roof deck, and the shingles.
6. When going from one roll to another, an overlap of 6 inches is required.
7. Install only as much SHINGLE STARTER EDGE as will be covered the same day.
1. Use caution to avoid falls when using ladders or scaffolds.
2. Be sure that all surfaces to receive SHINGLE STARTER EDGE are structurally sound, and will support the weight of the installer and any anticipated load.
3. Be sure that all SHINGLE STARTER EDGE is covered with shingles daily.
LIMITED WARRANTY: CPI warrants this product to be of merchantable quality when used and/or applied in accordance with instructions hereon. CPI does not warrant this product for any purpose or use other than the general purpose for which it is intended. Liability under this warranty is limited to the replacement of defective product as purchased. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS ISSUED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.